Sunday, January 30, 2011

Special Guest - Natalie Dae


Please welcome my special guest - Natalie Dae. She's going to discuss her recent release, Black Cougar Curse, co-authored with Tess MacKall. Take it away, Natalie........


When writing Black Cougar Curse with Tess MacKall, I discovered something. Although imagination is amazing and I can usually stretch myself into “seeing” something I’ve never actually seen, I knew next to nothing about mountainous areas. Hmm. See, I’m a small town girl who has only seen mountains from a distance or in pictures. To me they’re something on the horizon, these big old points of rock that look fab jutting into the sky. But Black Cougar Curse is set in the mountains, and it soon became clear that I had no clue what I was talking about.

Thank goodness for Tess. She knows her mountains, knows the terrain, the weather patterns, everything, so when I wrote about our heroine, Lucia, plodding along doing whatever she was doing, and I described the area…I got it totally wrong.

Bless me, for I had sinned. I hadn’t researched. Of course, Tess fixed my silly mistakes, explained what mountainous areas were like, and you know, I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. I think it’s one of those things where I’d have to go there to understand. I couldn’t comprehend that although mountains may look like they’re just these big rocks plonked on the ground, they’re not. Well, they say you learn something new every day, and I learned a whole lot co-authoring with Tess!

Blurb: Deep in the mountain wilderness, Lucia Chavez searches for closure to her father’s death, and the mythical black cougar he sought. Drop-dead sexy Cherokee Indian guide Sam Starr knows more than he’s telling. After he saves Lucia from being swept away in a mudslide, the bath they both need turns steamy indeed. Sam and Lucia are living proof that near-death experiences can bring two people closer together—they can’t keep their hands off each other.

Amidst danger and mystery, Sam and Lucia explore the lust that burns between them. If their desire gets any stronger it could bring down the mountains. Ancient secrets hold the key to their unbridled sexual need. Was their passion written in the stars?

One man. One woman. A curse that binds them—and could tear them apart.

Get your sexy on and read an excerpt here:

http://www.jasminejade.com/productspecs/9781419931062.htm

What makes a man sexy to you?

Subscribe to Risqué! the hottest newsletter around featuring once-a-month news from erotic romance authors Natalie Dae, Regina Carlysle, and Tess MacKall. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/risquenewsletter

10 comments:

Natalie Dae said...

Thanks for having me!

:O)

Cassie Exline said...

My pleasure and welcome. And may I say Black Cougar Curse sounds awesome. The cover is mysterious and sexy.

Tess MacKall said...

Good morning Cassie and Nat. Thank you for having us here, Cassie. Love your blog. The design is great.

About those mountains, Nat...lol Yeah, it's kind of hard to get a feel for the terrain unless you've been there for sure. But I think what you ended up writing was pretty darn amazing. So I wouldn't worry overly long about it. lol

Cassie Exline said...

Great to have you, Tess. All I can say is what a dynamite writing team. Bodes well for the book. I'm going to have to pay attention to the mountain scene(s). I live in a mountainous area, plus drive over two mountains every day to go to and from work. Question for both of you, have you two written any other books together? If so, what? Or have either of you co-authored with someone else on another book?

Natalie Dae said...

LOL Tess. Face it. My mountain knowledge was and still is sh**!

We have been discussing something, Cassie, but it isn't another co-author, more something we'll do together--two projects--but I'm revealing nothing yet!

I write with Jaime Samms too as Sarah Masters. We have one book out, Fight, and we're so close to finishing our second, The Dreaming, that I can taste "The End". And we have plans for Fight 2 and have also discussed--I think; I'm sure we have--The Dreaming 2.

Working with Tess and Jaime isn't like work. These two people just dig where I'm coming from and I dig them, so it works out brilliantly.

:o)

Tess MacKall said...

I live in NC and have visited the Smoky Mtns numerous times. Love the Cherokee area. Lots to do there and see for sure. Love the trout fishing.

And Nat had a hard time getting the concept that the mountains sort of were all one in the same. Hard to explain. lol

And we do have another writing project planned together. But this time we'll be writing separate books to release separately but not in one volume. So we'll be together on it for sure---must keep continuity. But our books will indeed be related.

And Nat is not going to reveal what the project is about and I say...okay. lol We do have to keep it slightly under wraps for now.

But I'm already lovin' the way this one is going.

As for me and writing with anyone else? Well, I have done some poetry collaboration with R. Paul Sardanas. AND we have a mainstream book started but is on the back burner while we are both dealing with other projects. Would so love to get back to it, though. It's yummy and working with Paul is as amazing as working with Nat. Both are truly talented and just make what I write so much better.

Cassie Exline said...

Well I love surprises and can't wait to see what you two write next. It's nice when you find the perfect writing partner, so that it's not work. You're both welcomed back to announce your books when they are released.

Tess MacKall said...

Thanks Cassie. Nat and I do work well together. Almost finish each other's thoughts/sentences sometimes.

We'll be baaaaaaack. LOL

Natalie Dae said...

Yeah, we have this freaky sh** going on at times where we email one another about the same thing too, as though we both had the same thought at the same time.

Wuhuhuhuh!

:o)

Cassie Exline said...

That kind of rapport is awesome. Makes good reading for us. I'm so selfish.