Sunday, January 16, 2011

Welcome S.R. Claridge


Please refrain from snapping, put your hands together and help me welcome my next guest on the All Romantic Suspense Authors Blog Tour -- S.R. Claridge.









With the countless number of interview questions out there, let’s try something different. Tell us about yourself. How about something that hasn’t been previously stated? Maybe a phobia or pet peeve.

Snapping. I can’t stand when people snap to music… partly because it’s almost always off beat. It’s weird I know, but the snapping sound drives me nuts!

What genre do you write and what genre would you love to try?

Mystery and Romantic Suspense. I would love to be able to try something in the paranormal realm, but my brain just doesn’t work that way.

Tell us about what you've had published.

My first novel, published by Vanilla Heart Publishing, is a mystery/romantic suspense entitled,

No Easy Way.

BOOK BLURB:

Swerving with the kind of deliberate precision only blind rage can empower, the black pick-up crushes Kansas Oil Tycoon, Lou Martin Miller, leaving Miller’s widow with an impossible choice: Cover the sin that lead to her husband’s death and conceal the identity of his killer, or risk the destruction of her family. She carefully weaves a net of protection around her family, but the day she dies it begins to unravel, leaving her grandson, Tom, and his soon-to-be-ex-wife, Kate, in grave danger.

Missing evidence, mistaken identity and manipulation leave private investigator, Stephen Braznovich, trapped between white lies and dark lusts, as he races to piece together a family secret before the next victim falls prey to deep-rooted revenge. The trouble is anyone who gets close to the truth winds up dead.

On the verge of an unwanted divorce, Tom must decide between a confession that could save his marriage or lie to save himself. Tension mounts as Tom and Kate’s lives hang in a twisted balance of crossed lines and misunderstood motives, all pointing to one simple truth. There is No Easy Way.

Any works in progress?

I am currently working on a mystery series set in Chicago.

What's your inspiration?

God. I believe anything good in me comes from Him.


How long have you been writing?

When I was 13 years old my grandmother died and I wrote a poem about her. I started writing then and I’ve never stopped.

Do you have a dream man/cop/detective? Does he appear in your writing and if so, what does he look like?

My dream man is George Clooney… and no, he doesn’t appear in my books because I’m not sharing him… he’s all mine! LOL!

Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.

My kids and my husband.

What makes you laugh? Cry?

I have a very “punny” humor so I’m always the girl laughing at jokes most people don’t find amusing. My kids make me laugh the most and life’s tender moments make me cry.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

Dance. I love to get down and get jiggy with it!

Sinful indulgence?

Grey Goose martini with a bleu cheese olive. Good for the mind and the soul.

Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?

The day my first publishing contract arrived. I always knew I was a writer… but it took someone other than my family and friends believing in me to make me realize I was a “real” writer.


Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions. The floor is yours. Please tell us where to find your work, your website, your blog, book trailer, and anything else you care to share.

Thank you for having me on your blog today. For more information on my books, please visit my website at: www.authorsrclaridge.com -or- my blog site: www.FeelingTheFiction.blogspot.com

Facebook Fan Page: http://tiny.cc/1rew4

Twitter: SrClaridgeWrite

VHP Author Page

http://www.vanillaheartbooksandauthors.com/S.R.html

READ A FREE EXCERPT

http://www.freado.com/book/8223/no-easy-way

AMAZON Paperback - NO EASY WAY

http://tinyurl.com/23tpk6a

Amazon Kindle US Edition

http://www.amazon.com/No-Easy-Way-ebook/dp/B00452V850

4 comments:

Elaina said...

Yay, what a wonderful interview! And what is it with writers and their love of George Clooney? I think I'm the only one who looks to Christian Bale for inspiration. But that's fine, I get him all to myself, woohoo!

Savannah Chase said...

Fantastic interview..It is nice to meet S.R.

Ursula Grey said...

Great interview, S.R. ~ and I promise not to snap;-) Wishing you much success!

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks so much for stopping by.