Sunday, February 27, 2011

Welcome Ursula Grey


Please help me welcome Ursula Grey as this week's guest and part of the All Romantic Suspense Authors Blog Tour.



Let's started, Ursula. Tell us about yourself. How about something that hasn’t been previously stated? Maybe a phobia or pet peeve. I'm so nosy.

Let's start with a phobia…As much as I've tried, I can't rid myself of the fear of insects and/or arachnids. If they didn't scurry out of nowhere and startle me, it might be a different story. I know…spiders eat other insects and they're useful to have around, but I don't think I'll ever be able to cohabitate with a spider! If they stay outside, that's fine with me. I'd rather not cross paths with any of our multi-legged "friends". What bothers me most is that I know they are also aware of our presence, i.e., when you see them trying to hide from your large and frightened eyes when you're in squoosh mode. They possess a certain level of consciousness that makes it difficult to squash them. Then it's time to bring the hubby onboard ~ to hopefully relocate them…

What genre do you write and what genre would you love to try?

I currently tend to write historical erotic romance. I love history and gravitate toward reading historical fiction. Some of my favorite time periods are medieval France and England, the ancient civilizations of Greece and Rome, and the Victorian period of the U.S. and Europe. In the future, I hope to try my hand at more mainstream works, and those of a literary nature. Mystery and science fiction are other genres I'd like to explore writing. I admire the versatility of writers who can easily cross genres.

Tell us about what you've had published.

Well, so far, I have four published works, included a short story included in an anthology. They are:

Second Chances – a mainstream romance with elements of romantic suspense. Second Chances is published by Siren-Bookstrand. Here's the blurb:

"Chance encounters bring together three women from very different walks of life and with little in common except for the desire to obtain a second chance at life and perhaps even love.

A mysterious birthday gift, a husband's devastating deception, and a secret past during World War II send the women on an unforgettable journey to France that will change their lives forever. Will Delia, the young runaway, find the father she never knew, a father who knows nothing of her existence? Will one impulsive night change Gwen, a soon-to-be-divorcee's, life forever? Can Jeanne, a French war bride, face her past and rekindle a romance with a lost love? When Delia disappears, the answers to these questions must wait."

I'd like to think it's a light, entertaining read that will appeal to women of all ages.

http://www.amazon.com/Chances-BookStrand-Publishing-Romance-ebook/dp/B0035YDM30

A Day in April 1944 – is a work of historical erotic romance, published by eXcessica. It takes place in France during WWII. Hard to believe that a romance could take place during this period? After visiting a small village destroyed by the Nazis during the French Occupation, I set to work trying to imagine a glimmer of hope for a woman who lived during this dark period. A Day in April 1944 garnered recommended read status at the Literary Nymphs, Dark Diva Reviews, and Fallen Angel Reviews websites.

Here's the blurb:

"Numbed emotionally by the war, Lisette, a French woman working for the Resistance, shelters an American pilot during the Occupation of France. The visitor she harbors awakens her dormant sexuality and touches her in ways she couldn’t possibly have imagined…"

http://www.amazon.com/Day-April-1944-ebook/dp/B003GIRFJC/

Adelaide's Adventure – is another work of historical erotic romance and takes place in Victorian America somewhere out West…It was just released this past Monday and is available at Noble Romance Publishing. Here's a brief blurb:

"Adelaide anticipates an uneventful journey—however, the man sharing her stagecoach has other ideas. Will Adelaide acquiesce to the unusual demands placed upon her by the mysterious stranger?"

https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=245

Heph's Revenge (in the Divine Matches anthology published by eXcessica) – is a short erotic story starring Hephaestus and Aphrodite. It was fun to write…I forgot to mention that I also love mythology and folklore and will probably write more stories that include some gods and goddesses. They are amusing characters, to say the least!

http://www.amazon.com/Divine-Matches-Mythological-Anthology-ebook/dp/B004IE9ZG4/

Any works in progress?

I have a couple things I'm working on! They range from contemporary romantic suspense, an erotic romance featuring your favorite Greek mythological figures, to a stab at a work of sci-fi/fantasy. Of course, there are also a few other works in progress in the historical erotic romance category. That's the problem ~ they're all works in progress. All I've got to do now is to get back to work and finish them;-)!

What's your inspiration?

The need to create coupled with my personal interests. Often I'll find inspiration in the nonfiction I read, which leads to research, and eventually to a story idea.

What drives you as a writer?

The sense of personal fulfillment I feel when I complete a story. I'm always amazed how quickly time passes when I'm immersed in writing. It is a creative outlet for me that brings much personal satisfaction. It has always been a lifelong dream to become a published author. I also love hearing from readers. When a reader enjoys what I have written it gives me the greatest pleasure!

How long have you been writing?

Ever since I was a little girl! I received encouragement from a few of my teachers in grade school. It meant the world to me. What a great impact teachers and librarians can have on a young person's life. I believe it's critical that we support education and libraries, especially today, given the current economic climate. Individuals in the above professions can truly touch lives and positively change the course of a life.

Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.

Reading and travel. I love books, always have. Travel broadens the mind and opens the heart. I love exploring new places. Wanderlust should be my middle nameJ. The travel bug is the only bug I'm not afraid of;-).

What makes you laugh? Cry?

I've been told that I have a crazy off-beat sense of humor. Silly jokes crack me up. Cry? Definitely the loss of someone I love.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

I've either got my nose stuck in a book, am looking for a good book, or planning my next vacation!

Sinful indulgence?

I love coffee, red wine, ice cream, and chocolate…not necessarily in that order, or all at once, but I don't consider them sinful!

Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?

I think it really hit when I received my first review. That was a great moment. It served to validate my efforts as a writer. Fortunately, it was a great reviewJ.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions. The floor is yours. Please tell us where to find your work, your website, your blog, book trailer, and anything else you care to share.

Thanks for having me, Cassie! It was a pleasure to visit with you. I'd love if readers stopped by my website to visit or followed me on Twitter. My books are available on Amazon, B&N, Mobipocket, All Romance ebooks, Omnilit, etc. As we speak, Adelaide's Adventure is available only at Noble Romance. I expect that it will be available at the above sites ~ and in the not too distant future!

Website: http://ursulagrey.wordpress.com/

Twitter handle: @ursulagrey

3 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

Ursula great to meet you through this insterview....

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by Savannah. Ursula is an awesome author.

Ursula Grey said...

Thank you for stopping in to say hello, Savannah:-) And Cassie, thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to your visit next week!