Saturday, March 12, 2011

Please Welcome Veronica Lynch


Please make my guest feel right at home. Welcome Veronica Lynch. I was surprised to find that Veronica and I have similar tastes. Wanting to write Time Travel is one.



Tell us about yourself. I am a retired nurse/insurance investigator/victim advocate. I've been married to the same guy for 40 something years; we have 3 children and 4 grandchildren. As I write this post, I am sitting on a sinfully comfortable loveseat, part of a 5 piece set of matching furniture, the first new stuff we've had since 1973. I am in pig heaven.

How about something that hasn’t been previously stated? I have a debilitating fear of escalators.

What genre do you write? Romantic Suspense

What genre would you love to try? Time Travel

Tell us about what you've had published. Two full length romantic suspense novels; [by the time this blog visit occurs] three novellas—two R-S, one straight romance; one short romance [5,000 words].

Any works in progress? A series of novellas set in a fictional city on the shores of Lake Ontario in western New York State. The characters are all involved somehow with the local criminal justice system.

What's your inspiration? Strong women who aren't afraid to do what's right no matter the cost to themselves or those they love.

What drives you as a writer? To tell a good story; to teach the reader something they did not previously know.

How long have you been writing? More than twenty years. I've been published since 2004.

Do you have a dream man/cop/detective? Oh, honey, does the Pope wear a beanie?

Does he appear in your writing and if so, what does he look like? He takes on several differing appearances but he always has a wicked sense of humor, likes music, reads something beyond crime reports and evidence forms, and can dance.

Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing. My grandchildren.

What makes you laugh? Cry? My four grandchildren make me do both, sometimes at the same time.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I design and make tote bags to custom order; diaper bags, swaddling blankets, boppy covers; slings; coin and cosmetic bags. You name it, I make them. I never met a zipper I didn't love. Ooh. I just realized how that sounds!

Sinful indulgence? Old Steven Segal movies.



Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions. The floor is yours. Please tell us where to find your work: my website is:

www.KatHenry.com. Books under both names can be found there along with workshops I present to writers' groups.

I have several blogs. The ones most related to writing are: www.WildWomanAuthor.blogspot.com and www.Veronica-Lynch.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

Hi Veronica, it is nice to meet you. I enjoyed your interview a lot. Thank you...

Cassie Exline said...

Savannah, thanks for stopping by.

Decadent Publishing said...

hi Veronica!
I have always loved this little story. Makes me smile. :-)

Heather
Decadent Publishing
www dot decadentpublishing dot com

P. Kirby said...

Escalators. Eesh. They give me the creeps, too.

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Decadent Publishing and P. Kirby.

Escalators are creepy.

Veronica's Tales said...

Hi, Savannah, Heather from DP, and P. Kirby.
Many apologies for the delay in responding. I had surgery a few weeks ago and it's taking too long, MUCH TOO LONG to get back on my feet.
Thank you for all the lovely comments.
Best always,
Veronica