Monday, April 25, 2011

Please welcome Rachel Brimble

 How about something that hasn’t been previously stated?

I held the fastest female time for running 1,500 meters in my school for over six years.

What genre do you write and what genre would you love to try?

I write every sub-genre of romance except Paranormal so I guess at some point in the future, I will want to try that too!

Tell us about what you've had published.

I’ve had two romantic suspense novels published by The Wild Rose Press, a romantic comedy by Eternal Press, a Victorian historical romance again by The Wild Rose Press and two contemporary romances (the second comes out in September) by Lyrical Press.

Any works in progress?

I am currently working on my third romantic suspense novel about the murder of the hero and heroine’s friend and their journey to find her killer. It is set in the mountainous region of Wales where I go every summer and I am thoroughly enjoying writing it.

What's your inspiration?

Too much to mention! The world around me inspires me, global news inspires me, my children inspire me. I am a complete people watcher and draw inspiration from a million and one places. I will never be stuck for story ideas, that’s for sure! And writer’s block is not allowed in my vocabulary. End of.

What drives you as a writer?

Writing is more like a compulsion that a vocation for me. I HAVE to write – ask my family what I am like to live with when I haven’t written for 48 hours and the answer will not be complimentary, LOL!!

How long have you been writing?

Since I was small but seriously with publication in mind, that started in earnest once my youngest daughter started school full-time six years ago.

Do you have a dream man/cop/detective? Does he appear in your writing and if so, what does he look like?

Matthew McConaughey seems to flash up a lot in my mind when I’m writing for some reason ; ) but other than that all my heroes are my dream men in some shape or form. They all have a job to do and they are the perfect man to get it done and fall in love with my heroine along the way.

There is no way I could pick a favorite hero of mine – I love them all!

Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.

My husband and children, definitely – they are my life and I’d be lost without them.

What makes you laugh? Cry?

My husband makes me laugh more than anybody else on the planet, he makes me do the ‘ugly’ laugh far, far too much, LOL! Other than him, I crack up at EVERY episode of Modern Family, love that show!

As for crying? My kids would say everything! I am a bit of blubber, whether than be films, friends sadnesses, TV shows….and when I’ve had one to many wines, watch out!

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

Read, walk with my dog and family through the beautiful Wiltshire countryside here in the UK and knit.

Sinful indulgence?

That would be too much white wine (lord, didn’t I mention wine before??).

Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?

 The first time I held a paperback copy of my first novel, Searching For Sophie in my hands. I will never ever forget that feeling and still enjoy it with every book. There is nothing more satisfying than realizing your dreams.



Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions. The floor is yours. Please tell us where to find your work, your website, your blog, book trailer, and anything else you care to share.

Here are the buy links for my latest contemporary and historical novels but feel free to go to my website for the others!






10 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Now we know how you get so much writing done, Rachel. You're just speedy by nature! I'm driving to my daughters' track meet on Thursday, so I was quite impressed by your statistic.

Jennifer Jakes said...

Hi Ladies!
Jannine's comment made me laugh:)

The cover for Getting It Right...is beautiful. The colors remind me of a sunset. Or a blush wine. (I'll talk wine w/you;)

Wishing you many, many sales!

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jannine. Rachel is speedy and a great writer.

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer. I was going to serve wine and crackers, but with Rachel's *ahem* problem, ginger ale will suffice. lol Your right though about that cover.

Sarah said...

Yup, always loved the cover for Getting It Right! I must find the time to read more. Sheesh. Having a day job stinks. :^)

Gail MacMillan said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your blog, Rachel. Your comments echoed so many of my writing philosophies and methods they astonished me.

Gail MacMillan

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sarah and Gail. Please do visit again.

Rachel Brimble said...

Sooo sorry I didn't drop by yesterday, the day ran away with me!

Love your comments about my speed, ladies, LOL! I am talking about a record that was held quite a number of years ago now, I'd have zero chance of coming anywhere near it nowadays!

The cover has provoke so many compliments which I always pass on to the cover artist - I am thrilled with it!

R x

Willsin Rowe said...

I quite like the cover for Getting It Right This Time, too, but I actually favour the one for Searching For Sophie. The starkness of the contrast is very noticeable, and I've always loved art deco fonts.
But aside from that, kudos, Rachel, on your successful, yet still growing, career so far. And Cassie, it's always nice to drop in here for...uh...a "ginger ale"...

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Willsin. You're right about the Sophie cover, good call. Always have a ginger ale for you here. ;)