Sunday, May 1, 2011

Please welcome Chris Redding

This is a very special guest, Chris Redding. She's #17 and my last guest as part of the All Things Romantic Suspense Authors Blog Tour. In her honor, I redecorated my blog.

Now, it's Chris moment in the spotlight.


Tell us about yourself, Chris. Then how about something that hasn’t been previously stated? Maybe a phobia or pet peeve.
I live in New Jersey with my husband, two kids, one dog and three rabbits. I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia and still root for the Eagles and the Flyers. I graduated from Penn State (Go Lions) with a degree in Journalism. 
I don’t like my food to touch on my plate when I am eating. Odd, I know.

What genre do you write and what genre would you love to try?
I write romantic suspense. I’ve dabbled in romantic comedy. I’d like to try a middle grade novel next.

Tell us about what you've had published.
Corpse Whisperer a paranormal romantic suspense
The Drinking Game, a romantic suspense
Incendiary a romantic suspense.

Any works in progress?
Right now I’m revising a romantic comedy for submission. Hope to be done next week.

What's your inspiration?
Not sure I have one. I just have all these stories in my head and if I’m not writing them down I get cranky and can’t sleep.

What drives you as a writer?
See above. I really HAVE to write.

How long have you been writing? 
Since I was ten, but seriously for publication for about 13 years.

Do you have a dream man/cop/detective? Does he appear in your writing and if so, what does he look like?
A dream man. Not really.  When I was younger I dated mostly tall blonds. I married a guy of average height with brown hair.  I guess all my heroes are tall. I love firefighters so I have one in Incendiary.  I love nerds and I have one of those in another WIP.

Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
My kids. Hands down. I have two teen boys. One in middle school which is a very hard time of life for a boy. They take more energy than you think.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
Laugh? Puns, and bathroom humor. I LOVE Austin Powers movies.
Cry? Anything where children are involved. For instance if they aren’t getting a fair shake.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
Farmville and TV.

Sinful indulgence?
The Real Housewives of New Jersey. So glad none of my friendships are like that.

Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
The first time I gave a workshop at a conference that wasn’t my home writing group.  When someone who doesn’t know you thinks you are an expert at something, it’s validating.


Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions. The floor is yours. Please tell us where to  find your work, your website, your blog, book trailer, and anything else you care to share.
Here I am on the web:
www.chrisreddingauthor.com
http://chrisredddingauthor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/chrisreddingauthor
www.twitter.com/chrisredding.

All my books are available at your favorite online booksellers.
Thanks for having me.



Blurb: Incendiary
Chelsea James, captain of her local first aid squad, is trying to keep the organization afloat, but someone is sabotaging her. The squad is her father’s legacy and she feels responsible to keep it going.

Jake Sweeney, back in town after a decade, is investigating the arsons he was accused of long ago. When they start again Chelsea and Jake must join forces to defeat their mutual enemy.

Jake would like to rekindle what they had before he left town, but his departure left
Chelsea hurt and bewildered. To begin again, she must learn to trust him.

Her life could depend on it.

9 comments:

Willsin Rowe said...

Another lovely interview. I have to agree with Chris that any tragedy you can think of is increased exponentially when you bring children into it. I'm also fascinated about the phobia. How do you stop your food touching your plate? I know! You eat from someone else's plate!

Okay...so I'm inherently pedantic...

Cassie Exline said...

As always wonderful to have you visit, Willsin, pedantic or not. lol True, when children are involved so are the heart strings.

Janice said...

I like tall men too. *grin*

Good luck with the new release.

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Janice. Tall men are awesome.

Cassie Exline said...

Just finished reading, Chris' book Corpse Whisperer -- it's a must read. Everyone I thought I solved it, NOPE. Put that on your summer reading list.

Savannah Chase said...

I had Chris on my site for an interview. She is such a great author. Enjoyed reading this new interview...

Cassie Exline said...

Thanks for stopping by, Savannah. Chris is a great author.

Erica Sloane said...

Great interview indeed. I really love the answer about getting cranky if you don't write your stories. I feel the same way: I get agitated and sometimes to the point where I'll turn down social invitations just so I can write. Maybe that's not good! :)

Cassie Exline said...

Me too, I've turned down social events to write, Erica. Later guilt sets in but not until I'm done writing. Thanks for stopping by, Erica.